6. How to make a good cooperation project application (for partnership, international cooperation in our field of interest)?
6.1. What should be taken into account when filling in an application for funding?
Funding applications are different for each funding programme and for each call. As soon as a project is to be submitted, it is necessary to carefully study the funding guidelines and funding criteria. Likewise, the funding requirements and required materials should be researched in advance in order to be able to submit the funding documents collectively.
Funding applications are usually submitted via an online form with a predefined number of characters. Please note that especially the more detailed project description and shorter project summary (with the project objectives) are very well prepared. A time schedule, a budget plan and a partner description are also necessary. Time can be saved here if these details have been worked out in advance and obtained from the partner organisations. A precise style of expression is highly recommended. If possible, the given characters should be used in an application in order to present the project as accurately as possible to the funding bodies. Empty phrases and multiple repetitions are not advisable.
6.2. What do I have to consider in general when designing a project?
If you want to submit your own project, the following should be checked:
- Are you developing an innovative (newly designed) or a best practice project (based on projects that have already been successfully completed)? Both is possible!
- Are there clearly defined project goals with international relevance?
- Where shall/can the project be implemented? (Consider the general conditions of the respective project partner countries)
- Is it compatible with the objectives, guidelines and time frames of the funding programme?
- Are there suitable partner organisations for my idea?
- Do I need full funding from a funding programme or are there other (national) funding / sponsoring possibilities?
- When are the deadlines for submission? (Different for all funding programmes)
- Does my financial calculation really correspond to the resources I have used?